In this document, words and phrases appearing in bold type have special meanings. We’ve defined these below. If you’re still not clear and need further explanation, please call us on 1800 800 230.
Your GO Mastercard account with Latitude Finance Australia (LFA) ABN 42 008 583 588. Australian Credit Licence number 392145.
A retailer holding an Australian business number (ABN) and carrying on a business or enterprise from:
- retail premises located in Australia; or
- an Australian website capable of delivering to residential premises in Australia.
For the Disability and Involuntary Unemployment benefits, the closing balance on your account, less any overdue amounts, on the statement immediately before the date of the accident, illness or injury causing disability, or the date you were made involuntarily unemployed.
For the Life and Critical Illness benefits, the outstanding balance on your account at the date of your death or diagnosis, excluding any overdue amounts, fees and other charges imposed on any overdue amounts.
The histologically confirmed diagnosis of one or more malignant tumours. Malignant tumours are characterised by the uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells and the invasion and destruction of normal tissue. They include leukaemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and other malignant bone marrow disorders.
The first undergoing of coronary artery by-pass grafting to two or more coronary arteries performed via open chest surgery for the treatment of coronary artery disease. The surgery must be considered medically necessary by a consultant cardiologist.
In our reasonable assessment, due to medically diagnosed sickness or injury, you are unable to perform the normal duties of your usual occupation.
Any activity or function performed for reward compensation or profit.
Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd. ABN 82 008 477 647 AFSL 243478.
Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd. ABN 87 008 446 884 AFSL 243469.
Death of heart muscle caused by obstruction of blood supply confirmed by a cardiologist and evidenced by typical rise and/or fall of cardiac biomarkers with at least one value above the 99th percentile of the upper reference limit, and at least one of the following indicators:
- acute cardiac symptoms and signs consistent with heart attack
- new, serial ECG changes with the development of any of the following:
- acute injury type ST elevation or ST depression
- coronary pattern T wave inversions
- pathological Q waves
- left bundle branch block
- imaging evidence of new loss of viable myocardium or new regional wall motion abnormality.
If the above indicators prove inconclusive, other supporting clinical evidence that in our reasonable opinion indicates that myocardial infarction has occurred.
Other acute coronary syndromes, including but not limited to angina, are not covered under this definition.
If you are an employee:
- you stop working as a result of being terminated or being made redundant by your employer, where the job loss is not of your choosing, or
- you accept the terms of redundancy, offered by your employer, due to organisational downsizing or restructure.
If you are self-employed, you stop working and it's not of your choosing, because:
- you stop the business trading permanently or start to wind it up,
- the business is placed in the hands of an insolvency practitioner, or
- for partnerships, you stop trading permanently or dissolve or start to dissolve the partnership.
If you work on a contract or seasonal basis, you stop working as a result of being terminated or made redundant by your employer before the agreed expiry date of the contract, season or task, where the job loss is not of your choosing.
If you leave your job because you have to provide regular and sustained care for a family member without receiving an income (other than Centrelink Carer's Allowance or equivalent), where the accident, condition or disability which caused this need for care, occurred after the policy started.
An individual article, object, piece, artefact or unit, or one that is part of a collection or set. It does not include services.
End stage renal failure presenting as chronic irreversible failure of both kidneys to function requiring permanent regular renal dialysis.
The first undergoing of 'human to human' organ transplant from a donor to the life insured of one or more of the following organs:
- bone marrow.
The operation must be considered medically necessary by the appropriate consultant and performed within Australia.
You are working in a business and:
- you have power or control or influence over the business because you own it, or are a major shareholder in the company that owns it, or a partner in the partnership that owns it,
- you are working for payment or reward, and
- you are not an employee of another business.
The first occurrence of a cerebrovascular accident or incident producing permanent neurological deficit resulting in at least 25% impairment of whole person function confirmed by Computerised Tomography (CT) or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) cerebral scan. Cerebrovascular accident or incident includes:
- infarction of brain tissue
- intracranial haemorrhage
- subarachnoid haemorrhage, and
- embolization from an extracranial source.
Does not include:
- Transient ischaemic attack or hypoxia or trauma affecting vestibular functions.
Hallmark General and Hallmark Life.
Continuous and regular employment for salary or wages, including self-employment, a partner in a partnership, full-time, part-time, contract or seasonal worker, or if you are contracted for a specified season, period or task.
The person who has entered into a credit contract with LFA for your GO Mastercard account. If, when you applied for Buyer’s Protection, you nominated your partner as the main income earner to be covered under Life, Critical Illness, Disability and Involuntary Unemployment, then any reference to "you" in relation to a claim under these covers means your nominated partner.